Meeting the Council
Meetings are normally held on a Monday evening in the Pavilion, Keedwell Hill (currently online due to Covid19 restrictions) starting at 7.30 pm. You are welcome to come and listen to our discussions. If you live within the parish council area, you can also raise items with the council see below for further details.
Long Ashton Parish Council meetings
Council meetings tend to be formal affairs and our focus is on making sure agenda items are dealt with efficiently and effectively. We also want more community engagement and to hear what you have to say about life in Long Ashton. For this reason we've made some changes to the way we conduct our meetings as outlined below. We will also be attending events in the village, meeting with groups to hear what community members have to say (currently suspended due to Covid19 restrictions).
This is how our meetings have changed:
· If you want to attend a meeting to raise a matter not already included on a meeting agenda, please let the Clerk know by email or by phone giving a week’s notice IF POSSIBLE to ensure time can be allocated.
· You will be invited to sit at the table (or join a meeting online) with other councillors during the public participation time.
· This public participation time will last for up to 30 minutes and is held before the formal meeting begins. The Chair can decide to extend this time in exceptional circumstances.
· Each person will have up to 5 minutes to speak.
· Residents can discuss an item of correspondence that they have sent in previously to the Council, or any item that is included on the agenda.
· This discussion will not be minuted.
· This will apply to all Council and Committee meetings.
· Because time is precious and there is a lot of business to attend to, any issue that will be voted on will be dealt with after the public engagement slot as it appears on the agenda.
· If you want to visit in person the office is in the Jubilee Pavilion. The office is open to the public each Tuesday between 10am and Midday (currently closed to to Covid19 restrictions).
· We aim to share all relevant background papers on the PC website before each meeting (anything sensitive or confidential will be excluded)
Post: Long Ashton Parish Council, PO Box 3102 BS41 9XA
Phone: 01275 393551
If you don't want to come to a meeting, you can contact any Parish Councillor to discuss an issue. For Councillors' contact details CLICK HERE.