The Parish Council has three committees. The Planning Committee, the Environment Committee and the Finance and General Purposes Committee.
The membership of each committee is decided at the Annual Council Meeting in May. The chairman (Cllr Cathy Fagg) and vice-chairman (Cllr Phil Jackson) of the council are ex-officio members of all committees. The Terms of Reference for each committee can be found below.
All committees have agendas published 3 clear days before any meeting, and minutes are also published on the website.
Find meeting dates by visiting the council meetings calendar.
Long Ashton Churchyard and Memorial Trust
Long Ashton Community Association (LACA)
Avon Local Councils Association/NALC
Avon Local Councils Association (ALCA)/National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
Cllr Cathy Fagg and Cllr Phil Jackson act as representatives.
Membership of other groups
CPRE (Campaign for the Protection of Rural England)
Voluntary Action North Somerset (VANS)
Parish Councils Airport Association (PCAA)
Society of Local Councils Clerks (for the clerk and assistant clerk)
Other Bodies, Networks and Meetings
- Parish Councils Airport Association – Cllr Ruth McAllister Kemp
- Long Ashton Youth Club Management Committee - Cllr Phil Jackson
- Long Ashton Children's and Young People's Network – Cllr Phil Jackson
- Durnford Quarry Liaison – Cllr Phil Jackson, Cllr Colin James
- Welcome LA – Cllr Ruth McAllister-Kemp
- North Somerset Community Resilience Liaison – Cllr Liz Anderson (if the group becomes active again)
- Long Ashton Children's Centre Services – Cllr Liz Anderson
- Patient Participation Group – Cllr Liz Anderson